I made another beanie, guys! But this time, I made one for a good friend of mine. She's even going to pay me a few bucks for it! That's pretty cool. Anyway, this time I kind of came up with a pattern. So let's give it a try, shall we?
Okay, I've never written a pattern before, so feel free to contact me with any questions.
1. Start out by chain stitching 64, or the circumference of your noggin. Slip stitch the last chain to the first to make a circle (you'll be working in rounds).
2. Double crochet in every stitch for the first round.
3. Double crochet in every stitch again.
4. Double crochet for seven stitches, decrease in the eighth, repeat.
5. Repeat step four for 14 rounds.
6. Double crochet in every stitch until the last stitch, then slip stitch and bind off.
Now take a piece of extra yarn and thread it through a yarn needle. Now go through little loops that you just crocheted and gather.
Now go back to the bottom (the forehead part) of the hat. Double crochet two rows for a little brim all the way around. This will make the hat longer and looser fitting.
And that's it! That's how you crochet a hat.